I finally began working full-time in September which means this month is the first time in nearly 4 years that I have had a real, grown-up persons wage.
I have celebrated by buying things other than Tesco value beans. Completely gratuitous things that will provide nourishment for neither my brain or body. I'm not at all a girly-girl but the following list of recent purchases might lead you to think otherwise.
1. Benefit bad gal lash mascara
2. Benefit some kind a gorgeous foundation faker
3. Benefit Dallas sunset plum powder blush
4. Gosh Professional art foundation brush
5. Purple party dress (with tutu like underskirt)
6. Black ballet pumps with gold tips
7. Black check ballet pumps
8. Kings of Leon - Only By The Night
9. Jenny Owen Youngs - Batten The Hatches
10. Damien Rice - 9
11. Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires
12. Fresh flowers (because Liam Theroux never buys me flowers - cough,cough)
13. Cheese (the posh kind)
14. Electric toothbrush
15. Pair of green PJ bottoms (too small)
16. Pair of pink PJ bottoms (too big)
17. Pair of blue spotty PJ bottoms (just right)
I think that officially puts an end to my membership of the Young Communists of East Yorkshire. To be honest we were on dicey ground since I spent all that money on Dynasty memorabilia. Not of the people they said. Emmerdale - that's a different story.
Am a capitalist now? A capitalist with good make up and nightwear that fits? Must remember to sew those special edition Dynasty shoulder-pads into my new pajamas.